When soldiers return from their tours of service not all of them return whole. Operation Mend provides advanced surgical and medical treatment, as well as comprehensive psychological-health support for post-9/11-era service members, veterans and their families at no cost.
During the second half of November $75 from every ticket sold for The Medical Spa Show was donated to Operation Mend.
Operation Mend provides advanced surgical and medical treatment for post-9/11-era service members and veterans injured during combat operations or while training for service, as well as comprehensive psychological health care and social support for both wounded warriors and their family members. In addition, Operation Mend provides an intensive treatment program for wounded warriors suffering from the invisible wounds of ware, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and traumatic brain injury (TBI).
Participants in Operation Mend receive personalized care. All treatment, travel, and accommodations are arranged on behalf of and provided to Operation Mend patients and their families at NO COST.
In addition, patients and family members are transported to and from the airport to their hotel, and to their appointments, but an Operation Mend Team Member.
All patients receive Operation Mend's Gold Standards of Care.
- Individualized care and care management
- Psychological health support
- Behavioral health screening
- Family care management
- Air and ground transportation
- Escort to appointments, procedures, and airport
- Buddy families
- Connections to resources
Specialty Services Include (But Are Not Limited To):
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Maxillofacial/Dentistry and Prosthetics
- Advanced Imaging and Diagnostics
- Craniofacial Surgery
- Anesthesia and Pain Management
- Ophthalmology & Oculoplastic Surgery
- Advanced Diagnostics for PTSD and TBI
- Seizure Disorder Care
- Neurology and Neurosurgery